NIV Text: 1 Corinthians 2:12-16;
- We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
- This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
- The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
- The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
- "For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.