NRSV Text: 1 Corinthians 2:12-16;
- Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit that is from God, so that we may understand the gifts bestowed on us by God.
- And we speak of these things in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual things to those who are spiritual.
- Those who are unspiritual do not receive the gifts of God’s Spirit, for they are foolishness to them, and they are unable to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
- Those who are spiritual discern all things, and they are themselves subject to no one else’s scrutiny.
- ‘For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?’ But we have the mind of Christ.